Using true stories to promote awareness of the needs around the world...

I want to inspire you to make a difference

Monday 13 May 2013

What do I take to the hospital?

What do I bring when I go to the hospital here as a doula?

1. Pads to share with ladies who did not bring any.

2. Soap so that I can wash my hands.

3. Toilet paper because well, it's nice to have in the bathroom.

4. Last time I brought and donated 15 cups, because all the women in labor were sharing one cup for water and there was no dish washing going on.  I have lived in the jungle long enough that it didn't bother me too much at first...but then I thought about TB.

I have my kids make me a paper fan and I bring wash cloths to cool foreheads.

That is about it.  The contents of my "doula bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment