My last doula adventure was a crazy one. I have seen a lot since I last updated you all.
1. I have seen two new doulas (that I have had the privilege of training) spread their wings and do very well.
2. I have seen a baby born right on the dirty hospital floor. Both mom and baby were fine.
3. I have seen a woman punched repeatedly while her baby was crowning.
4. I have seen God answer my prayers over and over again when a mom is having a very hard time or when a baby is not breathing.
5. I have seen an HIV positive mom shunned and shamed.
6. I have seen serious hemorrhages and babies that took a long time to breathe.
7. I've seen the midwives be very kind and show great skill in order to save a mom and baby.
8. I've seen the midwives share their own things and go the extra mile to be kind to a patient.
9. I've seen a movie on maternal death in childbirth put on for the laboring women to watch.
10. I've seen the squatting position spare many women from c sections and vacuum extractions.