Using true stories to promote awareness of the needs around the world...

I want to inspire you to make a difference

Monday 8 July 2013

Double Doula-ing

I have been mastering the art of double doula-ing.  No, I am not talking about mom's having twins. I'm talking about two moms moving into one space so that I can support them both at once.  I would never ask them to do this, it's their idea.

It is much easier if their contractions are opposite of each other in timing.  Then I can support through the pains one at a time.  Unfortunately this is not usually the case, which leaves me trying to massage/focus on two women at once.  It reminds me of trying to pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time.

I feel rather silly looking, rubbing two backs at once, but I'm glad to be there for them.  I think it is time to train some more doulas to come along with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment